I am an advocate of the high court of Kenya, solicitor of England and Wales and professional company secretary.I have been in legal practice in Kenya since 1998 when I established Amit Gadhia & Associates in 1999 in the lakeside city of Kisumu, Kenya. I was also a senior partner in a law firm in Nairobi from 2003 to 2013.
Besides founding and running two successful law firms, I have considerable experience in establishing business start-ups which includes a medical laboratory, an education consultancy and operating Canadian franchise.
When I am not in the office I can be found in the gym, walking long treks in the countryside, enjoying a good book or proudly cheering Arsenal at the Emirates stadium with my teenage son.
My qualifications and credentials include:
- LL.B (Hons) – Cardiff University.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Solicitor of England and Wales.
- Certified Public Secretary (Kenya) – ICS Kenya.
- Associate of the Chartered Governance Institute (ACG) – United Kingdom.
- Diploma in Law – Kenya School of Law.
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme – Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (United Kingdom and Kenya).
- Commissioner for Oaths.
- Notary Public.
Amit R. Gadhia